Brown Fenollosa Architects, Inc (BFA) was founded in 2006 by partners Zeke Brown and Josh Fenollosa. Many of BFA’s projects are in Boston and the surrounding area, but the office has completed numerous projects on Cape Cod, the Berkshires, New York City, upstate New York and Vermont. Together, we have over 40 years of design and construction experience in residential, commercial and institutional architecture. Zeke Brown and Josh Fenollosa both hold master degrees from the Harvard University Graduate School of Design.
BFA operates in a manner which sets us apart. The following principles guide us.
- We recognize that each project is unique and that the solutions must address each challenge uniquely. Our collective experience at BFA is deep and varied allowing us to bring different viewpoints and solutions to each project.
- We believe that the path we establish will lead to a better outcome. Teamwork and an ability to identify and accept good ideas from wherever they originate is critical to making a project better.
- We believe that the overall space is often much more important than any individual part. Maintaining flexibility to change course, to rethink the parts if they do not augment the whole is a key part of successful design.
- We believe that there is beauty in simplicity. We look for materials with integrity, which have some solidity and are durable. Expressed simply these tend to be beautiful. The spaces we create must also have these characteristics.
- We believe in bringing an energetic, highly responsive and positive attitude to any team. We have an extensive list of contractors, consultants and clients that have all enjoyed working with us.
- Our fabrication work shop is necessary for research, prototyping, detail development and maintaining our sanity. We love to make things. This is why we are architects. It also keeps us plugged into the community of artisans and craftspeople throughout New England.